R/GA is seeking a Senior Brand Strategist to join our Sydney team in our brand new office in Surry Hills, NSW.
We've built new businesses, brands, customer experiences, and capabilities across financial services, energy, healthcare, retail, and more. We specialize in Product Strategy, Brand Strategy, and Communications Strategy - all underpinned by a combination of business rigor and human-centered design.
Our Brand Strategists own key inputs and insights on our project teams, and are responsible for the thinking that shapes client recommendations. We are looking for someone with experience contributing rigorous analysis to brand innovation engagements: someone with strong research, critical thinking, and communication skills, and a passion and desire not only to create brands that people love but also to challenge the status quo of what a brand can be and the role it plays in corporate decision making.
- Organize and elevate findings from multiple secondary sources into a clear, concise and compelling presentation of insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other strategists as well as designers and producers to create strategies that take a new brand to market.
- Deep dive into emerging technologies and products and highlight the implications for developing a new product and brand.
- Analyze the positioning and messaging of conventional and disruptive brands and frame the opportunity.
- Forge relationships with internal specialists in marketing science, media, research and technology to answer a strategic question.
- Directly interact with clients in a variety of industries across B2C and B2B sectors.
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of the broad range of brand building blocks — purpose, value proposition, brand architecture, positioning, messaging — with emerging expertise in one or more.
- You can perform primary research and/or manage a research partner across a range of methodologies—quantitative and qualitative, online and offline.
- You can link corporate and brand strategy, and translate that strategy for product, design and experience.
- You collaborate well and take ownership when appropriate. You’re able to work across different groups and disciplines to push work forward.
- You are innately curious and comfortable with ambiguity, asking insightful questions and taking leaps when necessary, challenges the status quo of branding
- You have your radar tuned to new and emerging trends in culture and technology
- 3+ years’ experience creating brand strategy
- A few case studies for brands that have launched in which you can demonstrate how strategic contributions you made informed design decisions and led to positive business impact.
Our purpose is to create a more human future. We lead by our six values:
- We’re kind humans. We’re not “resources”, we’re real people. We treat everyone with integrity and respect, and leave our egos in the elevator.
- We’re outsiders. We go where others won’t to uncover hidden opportunity. We challenge tradition and ignore the status quo. We don’t care what everyone else is doing, only what we’re doing next.
- We’re better together. None of us are as good as all of us. Brilliant ideas can come from anywhere, but more often than not ours come from everyone. We thrive on our differences and actively collaborate across regions, time zones, and cultures.
- We’re changemakers. We choose to embrace change. We don’t just react to today; we act on tomorrow. We want to change the world (and we’re not afraid of changing ourselves in the process).
- We’re radical optimists. We’re in love with the possibility, but never blind to the reality. We can tease out the potential in any problem, and once we find the silver lining, we’ll get to work mining it.
- We’re always learning. We stay relentlessly curious, forever looking for new ways of doing things. We know there’s no such thing as perfection, and that’s fine, because the journey is just as important as the destination.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!