As R/GA continues to lead the way in Experience Design, we are seeking thinkers who are hungry to push boundaries of product, service and customer strategy.
We are seeking strategists who are experts in the digital space and want to design a more human future through more inclusive, diverse and thoughtful brand experiences.
Our Experience Strategy practice is tasked with making sure the user is represented in both strategy and ultimately when a product or service is designed. We work with the leading brands in the world to understand their user and synthesize this information to create a meaningful and useful user experience.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Experience Strategy Director at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Plan and conduct qualitative research to extract insights from our target consumer.
- Collaborate with Marketing Sciences to bolster insights with quant-based research methodologies.
- Turn research learnings into tangible and actionable insights that stretch thinking and point to new opportunities.
- Lead ideation sessions with a cross-functional team to turn your research into exciting ideas.
- Run workshops with clients and stakeholders to build consensus, alignment, and/or prioritization of the work.
- Help craft strategic deliverables, including value propositions, vision statements, experience principles, experience strategy, user insights, and ideas.
- Work with designers (UX, Visual, and Copywriting) to turn an early idea or hunch into a product/service.
- Guide the wider strategy team on the future of experience strategy, including how to conduct research and how to synthesize learnings.
- Help evolve the experience strategy discipline at R/GA and train internal teams to understand our principles and how they inspire our approach to creating best in class work.
The ideal person
- Is an expert at designing and conducting research to uncover new opportunities.
- Gets excited about going out into the field and talking to users.
- Is an extremely strong leader who can manage multiple clients and projects.
- Can lean into existing knowledge of UX design, technology, usability, and experience design.
- Has experience developing new digital experiences.
- Has outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Has ample experience working with and presenting to clients of all levels.
- Proven strategy leadership experience in digital strategy, branding, advertising or other related fields.
- An in-depth understanding of design thinking, user research and conceptual writing.
- A human-centered approach to design.
- Empathy. You are highly attuned to the needs and perspectives of others.
- Resourcefulness. You’re remarkably good at making do, and overcoming challenges.
- Conscientiousness. You demonstrate extraordinary care and diligence in your work.
- Decency. You do right by others, even if it means missing out on an opportunity.
- Curiosity. You have a driving spirit of interest and inquiry. You love to learn.
- Tenacity. You have mental resolve and grit, especially in the face of adversity.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!