Director of Marketing Communications
At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future. We work in an environment that embraces collaboration across all disciplines. An environment that encourages people to push beyond the boundaries of convention in pursuit of truly visionary work.
R/GA Australia is looking for a Director of Marketing Communications to support local strategy by maximising exposure and helping position and promote the agency in the market.
The person in this role will report into the Managing Director, R/GA Australia with a dotted-line to the Global Chief Marketing Officer. They will work closely with the Australian executive team to advance internal and external communications efforts, including pursuing proactive and reactive press, creating content, leading event outreach, and helping with the coordination, writing and production of associated materials. The role will also be involved in the production of case studies, presentation decks, awards entries and social strategy & content, in collaboration with the global brand marketing team.
This person will be integral to driving brand awareness, building company culture, and maximising business impact in one of the most dynamic and fast growing offices within our network.
- Develop and execute a marketing and communications strategy to build awareness in the market, which compliments our global activity.
- Build relationships with industry, vertical, and mainstream media
- Develop key messaging to be dispersed across channels and by agency executives
- Prepare all written press materials
- Build and maintain, and advance a calendar of industry awards and events
- Organise, promote, and represent the agency at events in partnership with business development
- Propose and draft thought leadership editorial and presentations with executive leads
- Produce content for internal and external and R/GA channels
- Oversee media monitoring and tracking
- Regularly update R/GA’s website with news, events, and press announcements
- Draft recap reports on marketing and communications activity
The ideal person
- Knowledge and network within the Australian marketing community
- 7+ years experience in Public Relations or Marketing
- Background in Journalism &/or strong network amongst the journalistic community is preferred
- Able to work in a professional, fast-paced environment and be willing to deal with shifting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – must be a solid writer and presenter
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know.