At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future.
Our Design Directors are thinkers, makers and storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life. They lead projects into uncharted creative territories and synthesize new outcomes. They’re design fundamentalists that approach projects with both rational and innovative mindsets. They know that the only constant is change and embrace the unknown with maturity, empathy and tenacity.
As a Design Director at R/GA London, you will be responsible for creating and applying strategic and design thinking across projects, while utilising new technologies to create unique experiences and campaigns. We are looking for a mix of conceptual thinking, innovation, design craft and fearless leadership to create meaningful and memorable work.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Design Director at R/GA:
- Both a hands-on Designer and a conceptual thinker.
- Not just a stellar designer but enjoy mentoring those who have not come as far as you.
- A world-class Designer with impeccable craft, comfortably and consistently superb in your execution across a range of visual styles and mediums.
- Able to define strategic and creative points of view on systematic thinking, platform innovation, storytelling and brand.
- A collaborator. You will work closely with other disciplines and have a broad understanding of design that goes beyond Visual Design.
- Very much hands-on, always perfecting the tiniest details. You lead by example and inspire with your passion.
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- Proactive and positive in your approach to work and those around you.
On any given day
- Mentor and inspire your team, through the championing of craft across discipline, unlocking opportunities to help them grow and deepen their craft.
- Serve as the standard bearer for design thinking and craft to ensure high quality across all phases of the project.
- Lead multiple projects and work streams co-currently from concept to delivery.
- Collaborate with Strategy, Copywriters, Experience Designers, Art Directors, and Tech Leads.
- Work closely with producers to schedule deadlines, and resolve resource and delivery issues.
- Track and monitor progress on development and elevate design quality.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision across systematic or campaign work.
- Present to and meet with clients of all levels.
- Build creative relationships with clients.
- Support producers to scope and define the project approach, deliverables, timelines and team requirements.
You’re the right fit if you
- Are curious and look beyond the immediate ask to concept innovative solutions.
- Have a positive attitude that fosters team camaraderie and believe that greatness can happen only when people with different skills and perspectives work together.
- Are able to lead multiple projects and delegate work effectively.
- Are able to craft compelling narratives that tell stories around the work.
- Have impeccable design craft, attention to detail and creative flair.
- Are able to think, make and effectively communicate ideas and outputs to colleagues and clients.
- Are comfortable collaborating with people from different creative disciplines and teams.
- Have a proven track record in both systematic and campaign work.
- Have experience leading design teams and mentoring junior team members.
- Have an interest in emerging technologies and innovation.
- Are able to create and craft award winning and peer envy work.
- 6+ years of experience in Visual Design (systematic and campaign).
- A proven track record of working directly with clients across multiple industries.
- The knowledge of what good design systems (both systematic and campaign) look like while connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- Mastery in design tools, presentation and prototyping including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Keynote and Google Slides.
- Motion design and 3D are a bonus.
- Outstanding storytelling, presentation and communication skills with the ability to clearly express and sell ideas to clients.
- Natural charisma, soft skills and experience mentoring a team of Visual Designers.
- A passion for innovation and experimentation with technology.
- An eye for detail and an obsession with craft.