At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future. Our Experience Design team plays a key role in this purpose by humanizing products, services, and spaces through research and design. We aim to deliver meaningful and memorable experiences that engage and empower people in their everyday lives.
Experience Designers at R/GA cover a range of skill sets across the design spectrum. Some may focus on research or service design, while others focus on the user experience of digital products. For this role, we are looking for someone user experience-oriented.
As a UX-oriented Experience Designer, you will be responsible for how a product should look, feel and work. You will work closely with Visual Designers, Strategists, and Developers to define and improve digital products such as websites and apps.
You will be expected to identify key ideas to drive projects and know how to implement them in multiple channels. You should be able to conduct and leverage research to inform your design decisions.
This is a role with a lot of opportunities to grow and learn on the job. You will get opportunities to work across R/GA’s international network and contribute to projects for the world’s top brands while receiving mentorship, training, and experience on accounts that push boundaries and set new standards.
On any given day you might
- Audit existing experiences.
- Analyze competitors.
- Conduct interviews.
- Develop user journeys.
- Develop personas / archetypes.
- Provide deliverables such as detailed wireframes and sitemaps.
- Work with visual designers to co-create design systems.
- Present various aspects of the user experience to the development team and clients.
- Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience.
The ideal person
- Has proven experience with examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Is able to work on more than one project at a time but are also confident to ask for support when needed.
- Understands design thinking and digital ecosystems.
- Is proficient in understanding the underlying technologies for web and mobile.
- Has good presentation and written communication skills.
- Is comfortable working directly with clients.
- 5+ years of experience in Product/Experience Design or relevant school experience.
- Intermediate English is required.
- Knowledge of what good design systems look like while being able to see the broader picture that connects the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- Proficiency in UI tools for design, presentation and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Slides.
- Passion for innovation, craft and technology.
- Points of view on specific areas of interest within experience design, industry trends or sectors and confidence in promoting them internally and externally from the agency channels.
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower), status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please let us know!