In our 40-year history we’ve changed a lot—from a culture-defining film title studio (Superman, Alien, Ghostbusters); to an interactive advertising agency; to an award-winning product and marketing agency with design, technology, communications, ventures and IP practices. We like change, and like to navigate our clients through it too.
Our approach to work is always human first. This unwavering focus helps us create meaningful and memorable experiences that live across digital platforms and often blur-the-line between the digital and real world. We believe disruptive thinking happens when you collide experts in design, technology and culture.
Our Client Services team serves as the first line of contact with our clients. They identify client needs and work strategically to provide thoughtful solutions with measurable results. We set the bar high at R/GA. We don’t just strive to solve our client’s problems; we challenge ourselves to transform their entire category.
The Group Account Director leads and manages client engagement that exists within the R/GA global network from our London office. In addition, this person is responsible for client satisfaction, relationship growth, driving the innovation of your clients business and delivering best in class quality of service. Ultimately, your role is to ensure the client has the best possible experience of working with R/GA.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Group Account Director at R/GA.
What we’re looking for:
● A dynamic game-changer who is unafraid to take the lead on the agencies biggest and most creative account, own our long-term client relationship and partner with senior agency leadership and clients at the most senior board-level.
● This role requires someone with deep consumer marketing, creative communications and digital innovation credentials, with 10+ years’ experience gained client or agency-side.
● Proven experience leading a £3-4M+ global client business across multiple markets.
● This role would suit someone who can tangibly make their mark on R/GA and has the strategic know-how to navigate the agency and client to elevate our profile and cement our position as our clients Brand Marketing & Brand Creative key agency
● Gravitas and influencing skills to influence C-suite decision making at board-level of one of the World’s largest sport brands.
● A candidate who is a creative, considered, strategic communicator, with strong leadership and influencing skills.
● A self-starter who will get stuck-in, roll their sleeves up, and identify when to operate at a macro and micro level to drive the work and relationship forwards.
● This person has a natural passion for sport and city culture and lifestyle, with proven experience of working with/for brands in this space.
Your responsibility would include:
● Leadership, ownership and ultimate accountability for the success of R/GA’s relationship with Client.
● Driving growth of the client relationships, selling in R/GA’s point of view to senior clients and developing and implementing growth strategies into work.
● Responsible for crafting & leading the holistic vision for the account and ensure all account team members understand areas of focus
● Identifying and building an ongoing pipeline of opportunity that converts into work and revenue that delivers across the year
● Responsible for ensuring quality of work, high client satisfaction and team harmony
● Manage a team of client services direct reports and support them in their role as project & client leaders. Direct them to achieve specific areas of growth, and appoint areas of new business which you’ve secured
● This is a global client for the R/GA network. Connecting with RGA office leads (primarily Portland) to ensure visibility of broader work with this client in the network and collaborate on building connected project teams from both offices is crucial.
● Connecting regularly with the Global client lead to ensure visibility of client work in the EMEA region and account status
● Ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve their best work.
● Building a high-performing team culture within the agency. Working in particular close partnership with your strategic, production, experience, creative, design and technology leads. Be able to speak their language and be very comfortable with driving work across all disciplines.
Remote / Hybrid Options
At R/GA London we’ve been working remotely over the pandemic and fully embracing our ‘you do you’ philosophy. We have now opened our Shoreditch office space and are exploring what our hybrid working environment will look like, which may include some requirements to work from the office. We’re also embracing and appreciating the potential fully remote working can offer our people, as well as the business - we’d love to hear about your home working experience and what your expectations are.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!