R/GA’s Global Finance team supports the global network with revenue recognition and other client related activities. As a global company with over a dozen offices worldwide, we push our business forward, while solving challenges of scale in an ever-evolving industry.
The Global Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring revenue is reported to our parent company completely and accurately for all global offices. Reporting into the local Finance supervisor along with the Global accounting team based in the US, this role will partner across the finance team across our global network. This role will be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina and be a key contributor to the global accounting team.
The Accountant’s areas of responsibility will include but won't be limited to:
- Review of material global client contracts for key revenue recognition indicators.
- Maintain revenue compliance on IPG’s revenue controls site through monthly review/completion of CSA’s (client service arrangements)
- Prepare revenue reconciliations for all offices
- Work with Office Finance Directors and parent company regional controllers to address questions and concerns
- Create and maintain detailed aging schedules for unbilled revenue using system generated reports on a monthly basis and address/resolve outstanding balances with client finance teams to ensure billing process is handled in a timely and efficient manner to avoid potential risk of payment
- Facilitate intercompany billings and review/resolve aged balances
- Generate open job reports and follow up with local offices on status of closure
- Create and analyze contract risk aging schedules on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and IPG policy with regard to appropriate revenue recognition.
- Collaborates with Revenue Controller and Parent Company Controller Team regarding out of the ordinary CSA and CDR compliance matters.
- Adhoc projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new information quickly
- Solution focused and able to proactively identify potential issues
- Previous experience working with a U.S. employee base a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive data
- Great sense for numbers and detailed work.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent in English (including reading contractual terms)
- Strong MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required.