Our Production team of 150+ is committed to bringing great work to life. They oversee our projects from beginning to end, and balance financial and delivery success, while helping navigate our teams and clients towards those goals. They are collaborators and team leaders who bring people together and who inspire their team members with their solution-oriented approach.
As Group Director, Production, you will lead and manage a portfolio of large client engagements and own direct client relationships at least at the VP, SVP or EVP level. The Group Director, Production is responsible for developing the engagement strategy and successfully executing it across their business, ensuring smooth overall account operations, profitability and growth. The Group Director, Production acts as a trusted business partner to clients and is recognized by senior clients as a key advisor and is a key member of the broader agency group leadership team. In the context of their direct reports, the Group Director, Production creates and effectively executes a plan for talent that motivates, trains, guides, and delivers excellence from the team. Additionally, the Group Director is directly involved in steering the Production discipline at R/GA.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Group Director, Production at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Develop and implement thought leadership, training materials, process improvements and innovative solutions and services for the department and the company
- Mentor and manage Production staff across all aspects of Production excellence including delivery and client satisfaction
- Partner with team leadership and engage with our most senior clients to develop, sustain, and grow the scope of the business across both organic and new business
- Oversee team capacity planning and collaboration with discipline leads
- Steward group/office P&L including (but not limited to) revenue targets, billability and utilization, SRS targets, freelance targets and gross margin targets. And support and innovates around our financial model
- Guide the group/office portfolio towards world-class work
The ideal person
- Builds strong relationships and engenders trust, inspires and develops colleagues across capabilities through contagious passion for clients and their businesses
- Is committed to curating smart and lean teams and processes to meet and exceed margin targets
- Can roll with the punches and has a flexible attitude toward evolving priorities and environments
- Actively champions equity, diversity and inclusion
- Can negotiate like a pro with the most senior partners
- 12+ years industry experience, including agency-side experience running large engagements with Fortune 500 clients across multiple business sectors
- Deep understanding across business transformation, experiential, digital products and services, and marketing work types
- Leadership experience and financial responsibility in the $10MM+/annual range.
- Successful management of networked teams across multiple geographies
- Experience in Healthcare
- PMI/Prince2 certification
- Agile certification
- High EQ