As Associate Media Director, you will join a growing team for a new billion dollar client focused on the next generation of personal wellness and digital health solutions. R/GA is a creatively driven company that integrates media and technology to make a positive impact on the world, and our mission is to design businesses and brands for a more human future. We believe there is no category more important, or in need of a more human future than health.
With the massive acceleration of the digital health space and the flood of new wellness brands, it’s become a very confusing landscape for consumers. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to help solve that, and build progressive campaigns in the health space for our client.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Associate Media Director at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Serve as a key lead for day to day client relationship(s) and help set, manage and deliver on expectations
- Work closely with the Media Director on direction and strategy for the media team, oversee the development and execution of all media efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget and on schedule
- Leverage cultural trends, consumer and category insights, and media insights and trends to inform and guide strategy, channel mix and tactical recommendations for not only media campaigns but to support and inspire creative teams
- Identify, understand and adopt new techniques and emerging technologies as relevant to clients’ media strategies and keep creative teams in tune with platform guidelines and new ad product developments
- Partner with Marketing Sciences, analysts and the integrated agency team to guide measurement planning, campaign analysis, reporting and optimization recommendations
- Participate in the development of specific program components such as presentations, media plans, media agreements, RFPs, client reporting, optimization strategies, etc.
The ideal person
- Has had experience with direct client relationships, being an advisor to clients (and internal agency teams) on all things media with a focus on performance marketing
- Is immersed in emerging technology, trends and innovations in digital media and has knowledge of the changing media landscape in regards to trends in tracking and measurement
- Has experience using and optimizing full funnel campaigns using 1st and 3rd party attribution models such as MMM and MTA
- Has proven capabilities in building full funnel media strategies inclusive of both brand focused and acquisition driving media campaigns
- Is deeply experienced with all digital media tactics, including but not limited to SEM, Display, Video, Retargeting, CTV, Social, Native and Content
- Has strong problem-solving skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback, guidance and solutions to internal team and clients
- Understands media billing and reconciliation workflows and is comfortable leading client communication on this topic as required
- 6+ years of media strategy development, media planning and negotiating in agencies and/or brand environments
- 1+ years’ experience managing a team of at least 2 or more, and proven educational and training strategies for supporting junior team members
- Direct Response experience with full comprehension of business goals and DR/ROAS best practices; past experience and deep understanding of the e-commerce environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, and the ability to distill and analyze reporting and data into compelling insights and actionable strategies for clients
- Has an understanding of ad-serving technologies and working knowledge of online research tools (ComScore, Kantar, Commspoint, GWI, SImmons). Knowledge of SEM, social platform implementation, and media billing platforms (Prisma/MediaOcean) is a plus.