Media at R/GA is focused on unlocking and powering up innovative creative opportunities through platforms, ad tech, and media partnerships. Whether helping brands connect to the entire customer ecosystem, or creating go to market activations in a human way, we are always focused on engineering media as a canvas for creativity. We house an integrated media planning and buying team, Connections team built to serve all aspects of comms and experience strategy, and Influence team focused on social expertise and influencer execution.
As a Senior Media Strategist you will help shape our client’s overall campaign strategy, by working closely with creative, strategy, and marketing sciences colleagues. You will manage the development of cross-channel (digital and non-digital) media strategy/media plans, including partner RFPs and programmatic/biddable platforms, lead large-scale, custom content/custom experience programs with partners and manage campaign implementation across multiple platforms and partners.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Senior Media Strategist at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Develop, manage and implement complex media strategies under Media Director guidance, while partnering with creatives, connection planners, and strategists to execute progressive media experiences
- Manage campaigns using third party campaign management platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads and Business Manager.
- Work directly with the strategists in creating, updating, and presenting media plans to clients
- Craft insights on reporting documents and translate data into actionable insight relevant to sales and operational objectives, and master understanding of reported metrics and what they mean
- Prepare flowcharts and budgets for media plans and manage day-to-day changes and maintenance of media plans
- Review and verify media buys to ensure proper execution
- Develop close working relationships with media partners, handle day-to-day client requests and questions
The ideal person
- Is passionate about media, marketing, technology and trends in culture
- Has deep experience in ecommerce clients with expertise in crafting performance media plans to drive ROAS
- Has strategic knowledge of performance media and platforms (e.g. Google AdWords, Floodlight Tags, DMPs, multi-touch attribution, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager)
- Understands and can execute all aspects of digital campaign implementation
- Serves as a role model within the team, coaching junior team members on effective strategy and communication with vendors and clients
- Has outstanding budget and project management skills, and is a confident presenter
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and a proficient level of english
- 3+ years of related experience ideally at an integrated media and creative agency or brand environment
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills, advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Google Presentations
- Digital media planning experience covering display, video, social, search and mobile media
- Traditional media strategy and planning experience in Outdoor, TV, Print, Radio and Experiential a plus
- Working knowledge of Prisma (MediaOcean) or other media billing platforms, and knowledge of media billing and media reconciliation workflows a plus