Production Director, Studio ATX
R/GA Studio’ mission is to advance storytelling through the use of new media and technology. The Studio encompases a wide range of capabilities, which can be tailored to our clients’ business needs. Capabilities include, but are not limited to: video, audio, still photography, 3D and motion graphics, creative technology, content creators, and social influencer strategy. The team consists of producers, editors, animators, artists, technologists, strategists, and business affairs managers with a range of experience from traditional agency broadcast productions to production company style line-production. The Production Director, Studio oversees all production work in Austin client portfolio, working with producers to navigate all stages of the project, and general needs of the Studio in Austin.
The Production Director, Studio role will report to SVP Managing Director in Austin. The primary responsibilities are growing a team of content producers, makers and artists, ensuring best-in-class creative output, and ensuring the financial success of their office client portfolio. The role is responsible for monitoring the health of their productions and operational workflows, and working with talent management on job assignment to align aptitudes of the team for active and incoming needs. This role requires an inherent knowledge of all production workflows and procedures from client brief to delivery, and is a key point of contact for agency account teams in managing briefs, bidding, and producer oversight.
The Production Director, Studio will provide thought leadership on innovative technology as it relates to creative development and execution across the US network. They will work with creatives and producers to identify opportunities for innovative technology, and identify/engage relevant teams and vendors.
- Support and manage workflow for Studio teams and vendors to create and deliver world-class work by strategizing project-specific best practices in regards to all aspects of content creation and production; be able to proactively problem solve with solution-oriented action plans as issues are identified or escalated
- Review staff plans and Statement of Works (SOWs), signing off on deliverables, and vetting fee hours and OOP costs, triple bidding, managing budgets, and client and vendor relations; wrap and reconcile jobs;
- Work closely with Business Affairs
- Collaborate with business operations and creative leadership to create, maintain, and optimize production workflows, infrastructure, and processes leading to more efficient work and better quality output
- Collaborate with Studio leadership to expand and strengthen cross-office initiatives and Studio capabilities across the US & LATAM network
- Partner with Talent Management to curate and cast the most appropriate team for the work in collaboration with discipline leads
- Minimum 10+ years in Production
- Experience leading and managing large production teams, and partnering with creative leadership
- Experience evaluating and optimizing processes, and building and expanding a capability
- Strong leadership skills and thorough, well-rounded knowledge of production workflows and tools
- Experience with Adobe CC Suite, Unity, Unreal, Oculus, AR Studio is a nice to have