R/GA is seeking a VP, Client Finance and Pricing strategy to develop and drive innovative pricing and structuring solutions for R/GA’s 14 offices globally. In this newly formed role, you will work closely with market leaders, client leaders, client finance and producers to develop and implement new contracting solutions with clients. You will be the global subject matter expert on our rate cards, contracting alternatives, discounts, credits and ensure these best practices are being implemented in our local markets.
You will build new insights and analytics on our pricing practices, to help inform this strategy and monitor our effectiveness. You’ll monitor client profitability globally and seek out opportunities to drive profit enhancement through various strategies such as new ways to approach discounting and contract structures. In this collaborative role, you will enable R/GA to continue our groundbreaking work for clients while also the ability to scale, profitably. This role reports to the Global CFO.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a VP, Client Finance and Pricing Strategy at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Work closely with market leaders, client leaders, client finance and producers, develop more innovative, enhanced pricing strategies to increase retained revenue, drive longer SOW life, seek out opportunities for value based pricing and/or variable/performance based pricing
- Be the global subject matter expert on our rate cards, contracting alternatives, discounts, credits and bring these best practices to our local leaders
- Develop global insights based on analytics regarding client pricing. Develop KPIs and systems and reports needed to support ongoing reporting, leveraging existing technology
- Based on insights, identify key clients and collaborate with key leads to implement change
- Review and monitor client profitability globally and seek out opportunities for specific improvements
- Assess and develop new innovative approaches to discounting. Review and monitor over burns to inform opportunities for new contract and pricing approaches.
- Review, assess and execute all MSAs and SOWs over certain threshold, working closely with legal and client team leads
- On our top 20 accounts, engage with client and local finance leaders on contracts renewals and account planning, to provide thought leadership and best practices to how we structure these large engagements
- Assess various categories of R/GA offerings and build margin estimates across each offering, in order to help inform offering strategy
- Articulate global pricing strategy and rollout education and training to key stakeholders, globally
- Assess annually R/GA’s suite of rate cards. Partner with local finance leaders and production to assess each market’s rate card and changes given dynamic market conditions, as well as factoring in connectivity across global network
- Consult with market MDs and local client finance on structuring and pricing large client pitches, including advising on innovative structures and solutions
- Partner with the new business team to understand new business pipeline trends and insights. Bring to the finance organization financial insights from new business pipeline updates
- Design and develop a Global Pricing Steering Committee, in partnership with other key global leads in new business, production and operations.
- Oversee and sign all MSA, ensuring that key contractual requirements are addressed and included. Serve as key point of contact with Legal team during contract negotiations and MSA execution
- Partner with Global FP&A to provide insights on quarterly and full year client revenue forecasts
- Assess and monitor globally any credit or receivable issues
- Consult, influence and mentor finance directors in local markets and regions to help achieve financial results
The ideal person
- Has strong consulting, advisory and influencing skills
- Is Collaborative
- Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Is Proactive and results oriented
- Is a change agent
- 10 - 15+ years’ experience in a Financial role, including 5-7 years in Client Finance or pricing role
- Experience working in a creative advertising agency
- Experience managing global client relationships, internally and externally