TALENT MANAGEMENT AT R/GA
Talent Management at R/GA is core to building an environment that facilitates Talent Growth, Innovative Work and an Inclusive Culture. It is the nervous system that drives collaboration, integration and efficiencies across our global offices. We seek network opportunities both short and long term to support career growth and mobility. The RGA Talent experience is supported by the larger Talent Team, composed of Talent Management, HR and Talent Acquisition.
Talent Managers are strategic partners to discipline and business leads casting high performing teams and advise on staffing trends. Talent managers across the RGA network work closely together to staff, manage and leverage internal talents across a wide range of projects. As a Talent Manager you are key to supporting an individual career development by providing access to opportunities.
As a Senior Talent Manager, you play an integral role in supporting project casting, staffing and curating the right talent for each project. You facilitate collaborative opportunities to help provide talent growth, curate the right teams and advise on staffing trends. You will be required to understand the skillsets of the individual talents in your group.
On any given day you might
- Make staffing recommendations based on understanding of talent skill sets across different groups, by challenging and assisting Hiring Managers
- Connect with talent on a regular basis and partner with department & Studio Leads on career goals and future project opportunities
- Work with Studio/Discipline Leads to discuss talent and understand staffing priorities
- Lead casting meetings and be the main point of contact for staffing projects
- Work with producers and Studio/office leads to understand client engagements, SOW’s, and funding that drive talent needs
- Liaise with various department heads to understand and manage talent needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to identify when internal talent are not available and prioritize open positions
- Partner with Talent Partners, Studio Leads, and Managers on talent assessments, ensuring recognition of top performers and address performance issues
- Escalate issues related to project team rotations, retention or employee relations, workflow and projected staffing needs
- Work with Studio/finance to understand revenue forecasts to get ahead of staffing needs
- Find ways to improve talent-related processes and share recommendations to leadership
- Report on productivity and other staffing metrics and call out trends/concerns to leadership
- Monitor talent bandwidth to load balance work as necessary.
- Ensure the team is compliant with staffing for client conflicts.
- Help onboard new staff and freelance hires
- 4+ years of experience with talent/resource management or related field such as project management
- Comfortable working with various departments that stretch across Visual, Strategy, Technology, etc.
- Prior experience in a digital agency or creative production environment preferred
- Ability to work in a creative and fast paced environment
- Bilingual is necessary
- Great communication skills, including written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Proactive and solution orientated
- Advanced organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team player
- Ability to lead meetings, drive conversations and resolve conflicts
- Understanding of talent/resource management reporting and general tools
- Drive and cultivate the One R/GA vision across offices and disciplines
- Growth of network and region collaboration opportunities
- Drive talent development and growth and support the talent experience
- Be a change agent and challenge conventional casting ideas.
- Push for integration - for atomic and diverse teams
- Foster creative integrity