Technology is woven into all of R/GA’s offerings, from consulting to marketing innovation, to product and service co-creation and R/GA Ventures. The department operates as a horizontal across the R/GA global network, affording clients and partners scale and flexibility in tapping into diverse talent. The department is broadly focused on software solutions, from mobile and web apps to advanced analytics and machine learning, to marketing and commerce platforms, across both B2B and B2C channels. Inherent in the process is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, including Devops, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Product Development methodologies, the foundational ingredients in successful digital transformation and client partnership.
On any given day you might:
- Grow and manage a local team of software engineers and QA specialists.
- Collaborate with staff from the greater R/GA network on local or remote projects.
- Work on-site at our client offices or in other R/GA offices.
- Influence ideation, handle feasibility conversations and prototype concepts in collaboration with other engineers and designers.
- Recommend to internal technology stakeholders and client stakeholders (technical and non-technical) the appropriate process, technology architecture and front-end framework to bring experiences to life.
- Advise on resourcing mix to execute projects.
- Estimate work time and effort with precision.
- Manage sprint process, daily tasks, and team workload efficiently, while communicating progress, blockers, and goals clearly with the bigger team.
- Carry out regular code reviews, enforce coding best practices, source control and deliverables.
- Jump on hands-on coding to help developers in the team to get tasks done and remove blockers.
- Enforce clear, cohesive, comprehensive and well-written technical documentation at all times, in-code files and external documentation (diagrams, technical design document, technical approach, summary deckware).
- Enforce security guidelines around code writing, documentation, non-disclosure agreements and client confidentiality at all times.
- Understand team (individual and collective) strengths and weaknesses and balance workload and tasks accordingly to promote best results.
- Constantly enforce cutting-edge, well-crafted, high-quality, modern front-end code from each engineer in your team.
- Educate and inspire technical teams with emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools.
- Educate and inspire non-technical teams around the use of technology.
The Ideal Person:
- Experience managing an engineering team or leading projects with multiple engineers.
- Mastery-level experience with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, and JS).
- Mastery-level experience implementing responsive and adaptive web solutions.
- Mastery-level experience integrating RESTful Web services and 3rd party APIs.
- Mastery-level experience developing with modern front-end frameworks (React, VueJS, Angular JS, Vanilla JS).
- Mastery-level experience setting up and managing development workflows using task runners such as Yarn and Webpack.
- Mastery-level experience with Git.
- Experience working with remote teams (city to city / country to country).
- Experience with modern server-side programming languages such as NodeJS and/or Python.
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Alibaba Cloud.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes and tools (BitBucket/GitLab pipelines, Jenkins).
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience working closely with designers.
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Experience integrating front-end experiences with modern or legacy CMS/eCommerce platforms such as Contentful, Prismic, Sitecore, Adobe Experience Cloud, Shopify, Magento, Demandware.
- Interest in data and machine learning
- 7+ years' experience in an engineering position.
- Constant learner and passion for your field.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field