Group Strategy Director, Sydney
Our Strategists and Planners work closely with media and analytics to create impactful, integrated, and measurable strategic platforms. They’re thought leaders who find the best approach to clearly present data that drives innovation. They uncover cultural insights that surface opportunities and meaning for brands, and create detailed, yet simple presentations that tell stories and provide recommendations that contribute to the strategic direction of client work.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Group Strategy Director at R/GA:
On any given day you might:
● Serve as the strategic leader for R/GA in Australia across both offices.
● Work with agency MDs to drive the strategic product of the offices forward and to deliver the best
work in the market.
● Partner with account leads to guide our most senior clients towards bold and innovative solutions.
● Inspire and develop our strategic team across the Australian offices, be their coach and mentor to
become the best strategist they can be.
● Demonstrate an analysis of category, brand, cultural and people trends that highlights
opportunities for clients’ businesses
● Partner with creative, media, marketing science, production, and client service to create
innovative strategies and groundbreaking output
● Translate strategic discoveries into inspiring briefs and roadmaps for our clients
The Ideal Person
● Has a proven track record of defining and delivering strategic leadership across an agency and clients
● Has a proven track record of building and inspiring a team
● Has a proven track record of successfully leading clients into new strategic areas
● Is familiar with research methodologies, brand and marketing models
● Is innately curious, has an insight into human behavior, and an instinct for popular culture
● Is able to work across different groups and disciplines to push work forward
● Is familiar with a broad range of approached for building brands, including advertising, social
media, CRM, search, innovation, and media and connections planning
● Has deep experience of creating strategy that transforms categories and businesses
● Can use brand strategy to inform product strategy, design and experience
● 9+ years’ experience in strategic thinking and leadership
● If you are a true digital thinker, but have a diverse knowledge of strategic principles.
● If you are a student of web3 and the journey to the metaverse.
● If you have a breadth of experience across disciplines including media, CRM, innovation, social
media, brand strategy and product. Youtube.com
● If you haven’t always worked in the advertising industry.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know.