About R/GA’s Products Team
R/GA is a global digital innovation agency specializing in digital product development, brand transformation, media, and communications for major companies. Our Business Operations and Products Team within R/GA is responsible for maintaining and evolving our proprietary business operations platforms that run our business, manage our talent, support operations and connect the unique and specialized aspects of our globally connected network of offices so that they can deliver their best work.
About the Role
We are seeking a Technical Delivery Director to manage our product development and delivery process, and ensure ongoing quality delivery of software solutions. This role works closely with both business leadership, product stakeholders and engineering teams to facilitate program management, and is responsible for driving a rigorous SDLC process with the engineering team across complex systems.
While you might not be working directly in the code, as a Technical Delivery Director, you understand and have seasoned experience with solutions architecture, working with software development tools and solutions, navigating dependencies and blockers for the engineering team, and managing their output by applying agile methodologies.
Success in this role requires the ability to organize teams to adhere to best practices for delivering modern software solutions; collaborating closely with business and product stakeholders, designers, and strategists to plan, develop, and deliver against product roadmaps; and being a positive and engaging connector between our engineers and other disciplines on the Products Team.
As a Technical Delivery Director you will manage one or more agile projects in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Lead the development and implementation of software development efforts, by setting up and maintaining rigorous SDLC and delivery processes for engineering teams.
- Support deliverables involving project estimations, resource assignment and status reports within time, budget and specification constraints
- Integrate standards & best practices within solutions architecture, engineering, business analysis and quality assurance practice(s)
- Oversee dependencies for complex projects spanning multiple business units
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners and leadership to understand appropriate project needs and requirements
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns
- Deliver complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team
- In partnership with architecture and leadership, shepherd execution on technical vision, standards, & best practices to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Manage agile planning and technical roadmap that engineering teams are responsible for delivering against
- Coordinate across other team functions to ensure we’re all tracking toward desired outcomes
- Create executive status reporting and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and help drive continuous improvement
- Act as an advocate of technical direction & designated best practices at a project execution level
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies
- Participate in Daily Stand-up, Planning, Review and Retrospective meetings & provide constant feedback effectively
Qualifications & Ideal Skills
- Expert technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance with with the ability to train and onboard team members
- Experience in complex scaled web applications and modern front-end frameworks
- Experience working with .NET tech stack and Azure cloud solutions, as well as comfort working within other stacks such as Node.js
- Familiar with MACH architecture patterns and best practices in API design
- Ability to work within software delivery tools such as Jira, Confluence, git-based source control, testing tools, and other related tooling
- Is a systems thinker and has the ability to interpret complex business requirements into actionable efforts for the engineering team
- Appreciation for the design process and facilitating design/developer collaboration
- Strategic thinker who is able to tie technical efforts back to business needs and be a voice in overall product planning and representing the work holistically
- Polished presentation skills, including presenting in front of executive stakeholders
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels and in all areas of the organization
- Ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms
- Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, and end-users
- Excellent organization & facilitation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- A leader and motivator for teams
- Ability to foster a collaborative & continuous improvement-minded environment
- 7+ years' plus engineering management experience