We are intentionally challenging inequities, pushing beyond words without action. Our goal is to break and remake our culture so that our people can succeed, regardless of how they identify. Make/Change is a strategy for racial equity in creative companies. It’s about progress over perfection. It’s how we acknowledge our shortcomings and commit to designing a more equitable workplace, where everyone is responsible for making each other feel welcome, regardless of department or discipline.
This person will build and actionize company change initiatives that bridge organizational silos and align to business needs, client requirements and talent priorities. Our intent is to remove structural and procedural boundaries to ensure equity, diversity, and inclusion is a priority of the organization both conceptually and in practice.
Here’s what you should know:
On any given day you might:
- Oversee our global equity, diversity and inclusion (“EDI”) strategy and council for racial equity by leading implementation of a multi-year program and roadmap.
- Exercise an advanced level of EDI expertise, knowledge, skill and consultative leadership to ensure R/GA’s overall EDI framework is grounded in sound tenets and reflects continuity, integration and institutionalization of equity, diversity and inclusion as operating principles across the entire organization.
- Serve as a thought leader and advisor to CEO, Global, Office, Dept Leadership and key stakeholders regarding internal and external (platforms, publications and conferences for sponsorship and speaking engagements) communications on equity, diversity and inclusion while identifying and sharing relevant insights and trends.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership, Business Operations and Talent Team on objectives, programs and metrics to measure progress and uncover gaps and opportunities for further development and performance.
- Partner with the C-Suite to develop, track and report data and act as an internal spokesperson in communicating goals, progress and transparency to enable and drive management accountability for Leadership.
- Mentor the Employee Resource Groups to promote awareness and engagement across initiatives as well as global integration with the broader business and ways of working.
- Manage the Culture and Ops team to ensure delivery of successful programming and oversee the global department budget.
The ideal person has:
- Advanced knowledge of program development in the areas of diversity and inclusion and organizational development and change management
- Experience in developing strategic productive partnerships that support diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging within a complex organizational context
- Consultantative and influential skills and is adept at working in matrix management organizations to build consensus around a common purpose and deliver collaborative solutions.
- Skills in project management, change management and collaboration with developing and implementing of cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Experience working collaboratively with broadly diverse teams, communities and department leadership
- Proven effectiveness in change management with prior experience facilitating shifts in both mindsets and structures in complex environments
- Understanding of HR related laws, regulations, etc.
- Ability to listen deeply, win trust and respect, and be approachable as a trusted, balanced resource