We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join our growing team in Berlin.
At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future.
Our Experience Design team creates meaningful and memorable experiences that engage and empower people in their everyday lives. They know how a product should work, look and feel, and understand what people need and want in the digital space and in real life.
We work in an environment that embraces collaboration across all disciplines. An environment that encourages people to push beyond the boundaries of convention in pursuit of truly visionary work.
As a Senior Experience Designer, you’ll work side-by-side with the industry’s brightest minds and contribute to projects for the world’s top brands while receiving mentorship, training, and experience on accounts that push boundaries and set new standards.
On any given day you might:
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, strategic analysis, and design explorations
- Create interactive experiences that are useful to users and promote our clients’ businesses
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Work with visual designers to co-create design systems
- Provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wireframes, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Present various aspects of the user experience to the development team, clients and co-workers
- Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience
You’d be the right fit if you:
- Have proven design experience with examples of successfully launching projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Are exceptionally organised and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understand interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Are proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
- Exemplify grace under pressure
- Have exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Can mentor and lead mentor junior team members
- Are a natural leader and comfortable working directly with clients
Bonus points if:
- You have experience or interest in emerging technologies like Voice, AR/VR, metaverse experiences or AI
- You have experience in bringing design concepts to life using new prototyping frameworks or code
- 5+ years experience in Product/Service/Experience Design with relevant school experience
- Knowledge of what good design systems look like while being able to zoom out and see the broader picture that connects the dots to create a cohesive brand experience
- Passion for innovation and craft as well as experimentation with technology
- Proficiency in tools for design, presentation and prototyping including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle and Google Slides
- Point of view on specific areas of interest within experience design, industry trends or sectors and confidence in promoting them both internally and externally from the agency channels
- Decency. You do right by others, even if it means missing out on an opportunity.
- Curiosity. You have a driving spirit of interest and inquiry. You love to learn.
- Tenacity. You have mental resolve and grit, especially in the face of adversity.
- Awareness. Your faculties of perception are finely attuned to the world around you.
- Resourcefulness. You’re remarkably good at making do, and overcoming challenges.
- Conscientiousness. You demonstrate extraordinary care and diligence in your work.
- Pragmatism. You have a bias toward what’s useful over what’s ideal in theory.
- Elegance. Your argument and presentation style is ingenious in its simplicity.
Remote / Hybrid Options
At R/GA Berlin we’ve been working remotely for the past year, and fully embraced our ‘you do you’ philosophy. We’re now gradually opening up our office space in Prenzlauer Berg, and exploring what our hybrid working environment will look like, which may include some requirements to work from the office. We’re also embracing and appreciating the potential fully remote working can offer our people, as well as the business - we’d love to hear about your home working experience and what your expectations are.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!