You’ve probably been cutting your teeth on content, clever lines and app copy for the past few years. Now you want the opportunity to put your skills at work for the best clients, and to keep growing alongside one of the most ambitious and innovative teams in the industry.
As a Copywriter at R/GA you’ll be expected to think digitally. Think about how people are interacting with new technology, from mobile devices to virtual assistants, and find new ways for people to relate to our brands. An interest in the structure and flow of apps and digital platforms is as important as your passion for language.
Your day-to-day could range from high-level thinking like concepting a tone of voice for a brand, to the granular thinking behind microcopy on every single page of a website. Whatever the ask, every opportunity should be seen as a chance to hone your skills.
You’ll need to manage your own time and writing while staying in sync with the rest of your team. You’ll be working with people who aren’t writers but are amazing thinkers: visual designers, experience designers, technologists, strategists and producers.
Calm, diligence, confidence and flair. This is what we’re looking for. Whatever the ask here at R/GA, you should love writing and be striving to master your craft.
We don’t expect you to know it all – but you should definitely want to.
- Work closely with creative teams, including other copywriters, interaction designers, art directors, programmers and more.
- Must know which witch is which. And that “I” comes before “E” except after “C”.
- Write compelling and grammatically clean long-form website copy as well as effective headlines, taglines and calls to action.
- Do good impersonations – be comfortable writing in multiple styles for multiple formats.
- Nail your client’s brand voice and work with account managers and strategists to make sure creative concepts, tactics and tone are on-brand and strategically sound.
- Organise your time well, so you can work with producers to deliver on deadline.
- Meet with and present work to clients of all levels, from junior brand managers to senior marketing clients.
- Love what you do.
- Be willing to step outside your comfort zone and flex different muscles.
- Stay curious: be willing to explore your passion for words, but also for the systems and environments they live in.
- Take it on the chin and learn from your mistakes.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks without losing your head.
- Stay fresh. The right words have the power to make our work sing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in advertising and/or digital media.
Remote / Hybrid Options
Offering a remote or hybrid contract to anyone across the UK or Europe – please reach out for more information.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!