Our Production team of 150+ is committed to bringing great work to life. They oversee our projects from beginning to end, and balance financial and delivery success, while helping navigate our teams and clients towards those goals. They are collaborators and team leaders who bring people together and who inspire their team members with their solution-oriented approach.
As Executive Production Director you act as head of the Production department for a business group or R/GA office. You are responsible for all Production staffing matters for team sizes of 10-50, and for the creation and execution of a plan for Production talent that motivates, trains, guides, and delivers excellence from the team. You are accountable for the successful operating performance across all lines of business within their business unit, and you are a trusted partner to the Managing Director, Finance Director, and our most senior clients (C-suite) on all financial, operational, delivery and governance matters. You are also a key contributor to the strategic direction of the global Production department.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Executive Production Director at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Partner with team leadership and engage with our most senior clients to develop, sustain, and grow the scope of the business across both organic and new business.
- Design global model staff plans and operational roll-out proposals to build across multiple R/GA offices internationally
- Oversee team capacity planning, allocation and collaboration with discipline leads to ensure team fit and suitability
- Steward group/office P&L including (but not limited to) revenue targets, billability and utilization, SRS targets, freelance targets and gross margin targets, and support and innovate around our financial model
- Develop client retainer proposals and client-facing communications around how we orient to solve the needs of their business
- Steward the group/office portfolio towards world-class work
- Lead MSA and contract negotiations and provide review and approval for group/office contracts and commercial agreements
- Develop and implement thought leadership, training materials, process improvements and innovative solutions and services for the department and the company.
- Mentor and guide Production staff across all aspects of Production excellence including delivery and client satisfaction
The ideal person
- Builds strong relationships and engenders trust, inspires and develops colleagues across capabilities through contagious passion for clients and their businesses
- Is committed to curating smart and lean teams and processes to meet and exceed margin targets
- Has a flexible attitude toward evolving priorities and environments
- Actively champions equity, diversity and inclusion
- Has strong negotiation skills
- 15+ years industry experience, including agency-side experience running large engagements with Fortune 500 clients across multiple business sectors
- Deep understanding across business transformation, experiential, digital products and services, and marketing work types
- Head of department experience and financial responsibility in the $20MM+/annual range.
- Successful management of networked teams across multiple geographies
- Global client exposure and experience working in fast-paced, campaign oriented accounts
- If you have a PMI/Prince2 certification or Agile certifications