Technology is woven into all of R/GA’s offerings, from consulting to marketing innovation, to product and service co-creation and R/GA Ventures. The department operates as a horizontal across the R/GA global network, affording clients and partners scale and flexibility in tapping into diverse talent. The department is broadly focused on software solutions, from mobile and web apps to advanced analytics and machine learning, to marketing and commerce platforms, across both B2B and B2C channels. Inherent in the process is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, including Devops, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Product Development methodologies, the foundational ingredients in successful digital transformation and client partnership.
On any given day you might:
- Grow and manage a local team of software engineers and QA specialists.
- Jump on hands-on coding to help developers in the team to get tasks done and remove blockers.
- Collaborate with staff from the greater R/GA network on local or remote projects.
- Influence ideation, handle feasibility conversations and prototype concepts in collaboration with other engineers and designers.
- Recommend to internal technology stakeholders and client stakeholders (technical and non-technical) the appropriate process, technology architecture and front-end framework to bring experiences to life.
- Advise on resourcing mix to execute projects.
- Estimate work time and effort with precision.
- Manage sprint process, daily tasks, and team workload efficiently, while communicating progress, blockers, and goals clearly with the bigger team.
- Carry out regular code reviews, enforce coding best practices, source control and deliverables.
- Understand team (individual and collective) strengths and weaknesses and balance workload and tasks accordingly to promote best results.
- Constantly enforce cutting-edge, well-crafted, high-quality, modern front-end code from each engineer in your team.
- Educate and inspire technical teams with emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools.
- Educate and inspire non-technical teams around the use of technology.
- Enforce clear, cohesive, comprehensive and well-written technical documentation at all times, in-code files and external documentation (diagrams, technical design document, technical approach, summary deckware).
- Enforce security guidelines around code writing, documentation, non-disclosure agreements and client confidentiality at all times.
The Ideal Person:
- Experience managing an engineering team or leading projects with multiple engineers.
- Mastery-level experience with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, and JS).
- Understanding of WebGL or heavy CSS3 animations
- Mastery-level experience developing with modern front-end frameworks (React, VueJS, Angular JS, Vanilla JS).
- Mastery-level experience implementing responsive and adaptive web solutions.
- Mastery-level experience integrating RESTful Web services and 3rd party APIs.
- Mastery-level experience with Git.
- Mastery-level experience setting up and managing development workflows using task runners such as Yarn and Webpack.
- Experience working with remote teams (city to city / country to country).
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes and tools (BitBucket/GitLab pipelines, Jenkins).
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience working closely with designers.
- Experience integrating front-end experiences with modern or legacy CMS/eCommerce platforms such as Contentful, Drupal, Prismic, Sitecore, Adobe Experience Cloud, Shopify, Magento, Demandware.
- Experience with modern server-side programming languages such as NodeJS and/or Python.
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Alibaba Cloud.
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Knowledge of mobile app development languages such as React Native, Swift or Kotlin.
- Interest in data and machine learning.
- 7+ years' experience in an engineering position.
- Constant learner and passion for your field.